This makes me think of Christmas. I know, I know, it’s far too early for Christmas, that word is almost a sin at this time of year. But this little turkey parcel all wrapped up in golden pastry makes it feel like a special day.
There isn’t loads of work involved either, so you can treat yourself whenever you fancy.
If you have a smaller family, you can divide the portions into 2 and make one to go in the freezer for another meal.
Roast Turkey and Stuffing Puff Parcel
- 460 g Turkey Breast Steaks
- 190 g Stuffing
- 14 Rashers of Streaky Bacon
- 500 g Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200oc (180 oc fan assisted)
- Divide your puff pastry into 2 and roll out each piece into a rectangle shape.
- Lay out your turkey steaks on one piece of the pastry, make sure you leave enough space around the edge for the stuffing.
- Enclose the turkey in the stuffing.
- Cover the stuffing with the rashers of bacon.
- Brush the exposed pastry edge with the beaten egg and place your second pastry piece over the top.
- Crimp the edges of the pastry with a fork to seal the parcel.
- Score the parcel in a criss cross pattern to allow air to escape.
- Brush the entire surface of the parcel with the beaten egg.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes. After this time cover the parcel with foil to stop the pastry browning any more and continue to cook for another 45 minutes.
Looking for more turkey based recipes?
Try this Turkey Lasagne recipe