This Little Home
Fig RollsIngredients: For The Pastry
For The Filling
- 100g Wholemeal Flour
- 100g Plain Flour
- 50g Ground Almonds
- Pinch of Salt
- 60g Soft Brown Sugar
- 150g Butter
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 250g Ready To Eat Figs
- 100ml Orange Juice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Amaretto Liqueur (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the flours, sugar, salt and almonds together.
- Add the butter and mix through until you have a breadcrumbs texture.
- Add the egg yolk and mix again until you form a dough. Do not overmix.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and place in the fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, put all the ingredients for the filling into a saucepan and heat gently until the figs become soft and the liquid becomes thicker.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Leave filling to cool completely.
- Once your dough is ready, remove from the fridge and roll out in portions.
- Cut a long rectangle from each piece and place a line of the filling down the middle leaving an edge each side.
- Brush the edges and stick together to form a roll.
- Place the roll seal side down onto a greased, lined baking tray.
- Using a fork, press it into the dough to flatten to roll slightly and make a mark all the way along/
- Bake the rolls in a preheated oven at 200oc (180oc fan assisted) for 20 minutes until browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting the rolls into biscuits.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.