This Little Home
Creamy Dill Salmon En CrouteIngredients:
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 500g Puff Pastry
- 30g Butter
- 30g Plain Flour
- 400ml Milk
- 1 Onion
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Tsp Peppercorns
- 1 Tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 50g Gruyere
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Dill
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Beaten Egg
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the flour, mix to a paste.
- In a separate pan, pour in the milk and add the onion (roughly chopped), bay leaf and peppercorns, warm gently and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the milk to remove everything added and discard them. Add the milk slowly to the flour and butter paste and stir continuously to form a thick sauce.
- Add the mustard and gruyere and heat until the cheese has melted.
- Add the dill and parsley, stir in and remove from the heat. All the sauce to cool completely.
- Roll out the pastry and divide into 4 squares. Cut each square into two rectangles.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and place one on fillet on 4 of the rectangles.
- Spoon the sauce over each salmon fillet.
- Brush the egg around the salmon on the pastry and roll the second piece of pastry a little more to make it slightly bigger than the bottom piece. Place the larger pastry rectangle over the salmon and crimp the pieces together with a fork to seal.
- Score the top in a criss-cross pattern and brush over the egg until the pastry is covered.
- Place on greaseproof paper on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180oc for 30 minutes.