Everyone loves movie night, right? And it wouldn’t be the same without an extra special plate of nachos topped with chilli con carne! Made with Turkey Mince, this quick and simple chilli recipe is great for all the family.
This recipe for Chilli con carne using turkey mince, makes me loooooong for movie nights all through the week.
What could be better than a Ryan Gosling movie and a big pile of nachos, yes, I feel that’s just what the doctor ordered!
Turkey Mince is Leaner than Beef!
What makes this even better is that turkey meat is lower in fat that beef so it’s a healthy movie night….. Well sort of… At least it’s much better than takeaway and I can tell myself that I am doing that little bit for my diet by shaving off a few calories.
This Chilli recipe is also super quick and easy to make with few ingredients, so it’s perfect when you’re in a hurry and don’t want to do a lot of prep work for your meal.
Freezable Chilli Con Carne
And it’s freezable too, meaning that you can make a double batch and save some for another day. Just let it cool completely before packaging and storing it in the freezer.
You certainly can, just be sure to defrost in the fridge overnight before thoroughly heating it through.
Yes this will also work well with beef or chicken mince.
Sour cream, guacamole, nachos, cheese, jalapeños and shredded lettuce work really well, but it also pairs well with rice too.
Turkey Chilli Con Carne
- 800 g Turkey Mince
- 800 g Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Onions
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 4 tbsp Sundried Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder (reduce if you want it milder)
- 400 g Canned Kidney Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 450 ml Chicken Stock
- Splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Finely chop the onions and garlic and fry in a pan until soft.
- Add the turkey mince and cook until completely cooked through.
- Add the puree and tomatoes and mix until the turkey is coated.
- Pour in the stock with the chilli, Worcestershire sauce and kidney beans.
- Cook over a medium heat until the chilli is thickened and the liquid has reduced.
Looking for More Turkey Recipes?
Check out this Roast Turkey and Stuffing Puff Parcel Now.
Have you tried this recipe? Have any questions? Let me know in the comments below.