I fancied giving the family a little change from having plain potatoes as a side and these make a great alternative.
Bam Bam loves them as they are a perfect toddler size to pick up in handfuls and nugget has even given them a go. Between us, we never have any left!
What’s more, this recipe is super simple! You simply coat the potatoes in the sauce and bake They’re full of flavour and quick to prepare, making them a great side dish when you need something easy.
Lemon and Tomato Potatoes
- 600 g Potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Preheat oven to 180 oc (160 oc fan assisted).
- Place all the ingredients except the potatoes into a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the potatoes and coat them in the mixture.
- Spread the potatoes out on a baking tray and place into the oven.
- Cook for 30 mins turning them over once, halfway through.
Lemon Wedges and garlic mayonnaise pair really well with this recipe.
These potatoes taste best when eaten immediately after cooking but it would be fine to reheat them too. You can also eat them cold.
You can use any variety you like but this recipe does work best with floury varieties of potato. This is because floury potatoes will fluff up when cooked, making them ideal for baking and roasting.