The boys love fish fingers, so I figured I should make my own. It’s safe to say I won’t be buying any more ready made ones in the future. These are too amazing!
The crispy crunch of the cornflakes makes these fish fingers taste extra special and they’re even grown up enough for the adults to enjoy too! Just squeeze over some lemon and serve with tartare sauce.
You can freeze these too, simply prepare them all and lay flat on a tray, separated from each other. Place in the freezer until solid. You can then store them in a sealed bag for up to 3 months.
- 400 g Boneless Cod Loin
- 1 Lemon Zest and Juice
- 3 Slices of Bread
- 1 Cup Cornflakes
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 0.5 Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 1 Egg beaten
- Cut cod into finger length pieces and pour over the lemon juice. Leave whilst you prepare the coating.
- Place bread, cornflakes, lemon zest, parsley and pepper into a food processor and mix until fine and combined.
- Coat cod in the flour.
- Dip cod into the egg and then straight into the breadcrumb mix.
- Heat a little oil in pan and cook each fish finger for a couple of minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
Looking for More Fish Recipes?
Try these Chilli Salmon Fishcakes Now!