Having a night in, watching a film and feasting on these mozzarella stuffed garlic doughballs. They’re are great for sharing!
I have been busy planning my garden for the Spring this week, have you started yours yet? If you need a little motivation check out this post.
The freezing weather hasn’t stopped Bam Bam and Nugget from enjoying their pony time. Both boys have had me leading them around the yard for what felt likes hours. At least it kept me warm and burnt plenty of calories! I can therefore, justify munching on these cheesy stuffed dougballs and smothering them in garlic butter.
Mmmm garlic butter, I am a huge fan!
But this melty cheese middle. This is like heaven for me in dough form!
If you aren’t as big a cheese freak as I am and you want plain doughballs, I won’t judge. Just leave the mozzarella out and voila! They will still be yummy either way. You can even try creating your own version of stuffed doughballs with other ingredients hidden in the middle.
If you’re sharing with friends and you are feeling fancy. You can arrange these stuffed doughballs into any shape you like, shape them into a heart, make them smaller, make one huge doughball, whatever you like! Although I am half joking about the one doughball thing….
There’s something so satisfying in making recipes from scratch. Especially when it’s so simple and the end result is something delicious. Whilst the dough is rising you can be getting on with other things which is always a plus when you’re a busy mumma and the house needs cleaning for the 50 millionth time in a day!
Mozzarella Stuffed Garlic Doughballs
- 300 g Strong White Bread Flour
- 0.5 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 7 g Active Dried Yeast
- 0.5 tsp Sugar
- 0.5 tsp Garlic Granules
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 30 g Butter softened
- 160 ml Cool Water
- 60 g Block of Mozzarella Cheese
For the Garlic Brush
- 30 g Butter melted
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Measure the flour into a bowl.
- Add the yeast to one side of the bowl and the salt, sugar and garlic to the other side.
- Add the oil and butter and begin to mix, slowly add the water until the dough comes together. Once it has all come together don't add any more.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes on a lightly floured surface until the dough begins to look glossy and becomes more stretchy.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave the dough somewhere warm to rise for an hour or so until the dough has doubled in size.
- Tip the dough out onto a floured and knock back to remove the air bubbles.
- Weigh the dough out into balls weighing approximately 30g
- Add roughly 3g of the cubed mozzarella to each piece of dough, fold the dough around the cheese and roll into a ball.
- Arrange the doughballs (you should have about 17) onto a baking sheet in a circle, leaving a little gap in between each one.
- Place the baking sheet inside a pllastic bag and leave to rise again for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 220oc (200oc Fan Asssisted)
- After the second rise, remove doughballs from the bag and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Mix the melted butter and garlic together and brush over the top of each doughball.
Looking for more dough recipes that are great for sharing?
Check out this Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Foccacia Bread Recipe now.