This Little Home
Two Cheese SconesIngredients:
- 150g Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 150g Plain White Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 175ml Milk
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 30g Red Leicester Cheese
- 30g Mature Cheddar Cheese
- Extra Cheese to decorate the top
- Preheat your oven to 220 oc (200 oc Fan assisted) Mix your flours together in a bowl and add the baking powder.
- Chop your butter into cubes and add to the flour, mix until you get breadcrumb texture (this is easiest when done in a mixer).
- Add milk gradually and keep mixing until you form a dough Add the 2 cheeses together and mix through the dough thoroughly
- Take your dough out of the bowl and shape into a flat circle. Cut your dough into 8 pieces, like a pizza and separate them from each other.
- Brush each dough triangle on top with a little milk and sprinkle on some extra cheese.
- Place them on baking paper on a baking tray and place in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes until they are golden.
- You can serve them as soon as they have cooled a little or pack them into air tight containers where they will keep for 1-2 days.