This Little Home
Sweet Apple Pulled PorkIngredients:
- 1kg Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 1 Bramley Apple, Peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 100g Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 100ml Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- Line a roasting pan with 2 large sheets of foil, one laid each way. Make sure they are long enough to create a parcel.
- Place apple, syrup and sugar into a saucepan and cook over a gentle heat until the apple is soft and the ingredients are mixed together.
- Turn off the heat and add the salt and mustard and mix through.
- Lay the pork into your pan and pour over 3/4 of the apple sauce. Join the sides of the foil to create a parcel (make sure there is space between the foil and pork).
- Cook for 3 hours at 160 oc (140 fan assisted).
- After this time, fold down the sides of the foil and spoon over the rest of the apple sauce.
- Cook for another hour. Remove from the oven, cover and allow to rest for 20-30 mins, before serving.
- When you are ready to serve, take 2 forks and shred the meat.