This Little Home
- 3 Egg Whites
- 175g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150ml Double Cream
- Punnet of Strawberries
- Icing Sugar to Decorate
- Preheat your oven to 140oc (120oc fan assisted)
- Start by separating your eggs and put the egg whites into a bowl.
- Whisk the whites until they foam up and form peaks that will hold their shape. This will take some strong arms! Use an electric whisk if you have one.
- Add the caster sugar and vanilla extract gradually whilst you continue to whisk.
- Shape your meringue onto baking paper on a baking tray and place in the oven.
- Cook for 40 minutes until it begins to golden. Turn the oven off after this time and allow to cool. This helps the meringue retain it's shape, if you can't wait (like me!!) you can remove from the oven sooner but be prepared for the meringue to crack a little. Either way just wait until it's completely cool before the next step.
- Whisk your double cream until it thickens.
- Spread your double cream onto your meringue leaving the outer edge.
- Wash and chop your strawberries and arrange them onto your meringue however you like.
- Chill your pavlova in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Just before serving sprinkle with some icing sugar..... and enjoy!