This Little Home
- 8 Eggs
- 400g Sausagemeat
- 200g Sage Onion & Apple Stuffing Mix (prepared weight)
- Small Bunch of Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 50g Plain Flour
- 100g Breadcrumbs
- Oil for deep frying.
- Place 6 of the eggs into a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and continue boiling for 4 minutes.
- After the eggs have been boiled, remove from the heat and place under cold running water for 2-3 minutes. Peel the shells off and leave the eggs to one side.
- Prepare the stuffing and allow to cool completely.
- Place the sausagemeat into a bowl and add the fresh herbs, salt and pepper and the stuffing. Mix together until combined.
- Beat the 2 extra eggs and set to one side in a dish, in separate dishes, place the flour into one and the breadcrumbs into another.
- Use some of the flour to coat your hands and take a small handful of the sausagemeat and encase each egg with it.
- Dip each coated egg into the flour, followed by a coating of the beaten egg and finally coat completely with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat your oil to around 160oc and carefully immerse each egg into it and cook for about 8 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Transfer the eggs onto kitchen paper to remove any excess oil and serve either warm or cold.