This Little Home
Rosemary & Roasted Garlic Focaccia BreadIngredients:
- 250g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 Tsp Active Dried Yeast
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 170ml Cool Water
- 2 Cloves (roughly 10g) Roasted Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh, Chopped Rosemary
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Fine Semolina for Dusting
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl and add the yeast to one side and the salt to the other side..
- Add the oil and half the water. Start to mix and slowly add the remaining water until you form a wet sticky dough. (you may need a little more or a little less water).
- Oil your surface and knead the dough until it forms a glossy skin and feels elastic.
- Mash the roasted garlic cloves into a paste and add them to the dough along with the rosemary, keep kneading the dough to mix them through.
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover with clingfilm, leave somewhere warm to rise for about an hour until it has doubled in size.
- Once it has finished rising, tip the dough carefully onto an oiled surface keeping as much of the air in it as possible.
- Stretch the dough out by hand to form a rough rectangle shape and place on a lined baking tray which you have dusted with semolina.
- Place the whole tray in a large plastic bag and leave for another hour to rise.
- Once it has finished, poke your fingers into the dough to make dents.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil, sprinkle with some flaky sea salt and more chopped rosemary.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220oc (200oc fan assisted) for 15 minutes until cooked through. You can test to see if it's cooked by tapping on the bottom of the bread and you should hear a hollow sound when it's done.