This Little Home
- 450g Fresh Raspberries
- 3 Tbsp Rum
- 100ml Orange Juice
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 24 Sponge Fingers
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150ml Double Cream
- 250g Mascarpone
- Cocoa Powder For Dusting
- Place 150g of the fresh raspberries, 20g of the caster sugar, rum and orange juice into a pan and gently heat until the raspberries break down and the liquid thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat and strain the sauce through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Pour the raspberry sauce into a bowl and dip the sponge fingers into it, allowing them a little while to soak up the juice
- In a separate pan, heat the egg yolks and the rest of the sugar and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and whisk until cool, thick and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the mascarpone with the double cream and vanilla, until it becomes thick,
- Add the egg yolk to the cream and fold until combined.
- Place a layer of sponge fingers in your dish, making sure they are covered in the raspberry sauce.
- Top the sponge with a layer of the cream.
- Top the cream with a layer of fresh raspberries and repeats the process again with another layer of each.
- Finish with a layer of cream and place in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.
- Once you are ready to serve, dust with the cocoa powder and top with the rest of the raspberries.