This Little Home
Pizza Bread SticksIngredients:
- 500g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Granules
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Crushed Chillis
- 320ml Warm Water
- 60g Sundried Tomatoes
- 110g Mozzarella, grated
- 1 Egg
- Place the sugar in the water and mix until dissolved.
- Add the yeast and stir in, leave aside for 20 minutes until foamy.
- Mix the flour, salt, dried herbs, garlic and chillis together.
- When ready, pour in the yeast water and mix to form your dough. Aim for a slightly sticky dough (you may need a little more water if the mixture feels too dry).
- Chop the tomatoes and add them to the dough along with 50g of the mozzarella.
- Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes until is becomes stretchy and elastic with a sheen to it.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for an hour.
- When the dough has doubled in size, tip it out onto a floured surface and knock back, removing all the air from it.
- Divide the dough into pieces and roll into sticks.
- Place each one on a lined baking tray with a little space in between to allow them to expand.
- Place the entire tray into a plastic bag and leave somewhere warm for 30 minutes to an hour to rise a little more.
- When they are ready, gently brush each one with the egg and sprinkle over the remaining mozzarella.
- Place into a preheated oven at 220oc (200oc fan assisted) for approximately 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.