This Little Home
- 3Tbsp Butter
- 250g Basmati Rice
- 6Cardamom Pods
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- Place your rice in a bowl and cover with warm water, leave to soak for 10 minutes and then rinse until the water runs clear, drain and leave to one side.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the spices and cook until aromatic.
- Add the rice and stir to disperse the spices throughout.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Place a tight fitting lid on the pan and simmer over a gentle heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave for 10 minutes with the lid on. .