This Little Home
Peshwari Naan BreadIngredients: For the naan bread
For the peshwari filling
- 150ml Milk
- 2 Tsp Caster Sugar
- 2 Tsp Dried Yeast
- 450g Plain Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 150ml Natural Yoghurt
- Butter to coat.
- 2 Tbsp Dessicated Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 50g Sultanas
- Warm the milk until hand hot, add the sugar and yeast and allow to sit for 20 minutes until frothy.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Once the milk mixture is ready add to the flour along with the oil and yoghurt, mix to form a dough and knead for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour until it's doubled in size.
- Knead the dough again to remove the air and divide into 6.
- Place the peshwari filling in a food processor and mix to form a dry paste.
- Take each piece of dough and form a circle with a dent in the middle, add a small amount of the peshwari mixture into the dent and close the dough around it into a ball.
- Roll the dough into a teardrop shape.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 oc (180oc fan assisted) for 3- 4 minutes.
- Take the naans out and place under a grill to brown, brush the surface with butter and serve.