This Little Home
Orange and Ginger BiscuitsIngredients:
- 350g Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 125g Butter
- 75g Golden Syrup
- 1 Egg
- Finely Grated Zest of 1 Orange
- Sift the flour, salt, ginger and bicarbonate together.
- Add the sugar and mix in.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup over a gentle heat and let it cool slightly.
- Add the butter and syrup to the flour and mix.
- Add the egg and the zest and mix together until you form a dough.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 170oc (160oc fan assisted)
- Take golf ball sized amounts of dough and roll into a ball.
- Place each ball on a lined, greased baking tray with space between each one to allow them to spread.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes until they turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow the biscuits to sit on the tray for a few minutes to harden before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Serve when cooled.