This Little Home
Meatballs in a Spicy Tomato and Pepper SauceIngredients: For the Sauce
For the Meatballs
- 1kg Fresh Tomatoes
- 220g Red Peppers
- 60g Celery
- 2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- Generous Splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Granules
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 400g Beef Mince
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Egg
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, peppers and celery and place them in a pan. Add all the other ingredients and simmer over a low heat. Mash everything together and cook until the sauce had reduced and starts to thicken.
- Strain the sauce through a sieve and place to one side.
- Next, take all the meatball ingredients and put them into one bowl.
- Squish the meatball ingredients together with your hands until everything is fully combined.
- Flour your hands, take some of the meat and form into balls.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the meatballs, cook on every side evenly over a low heat until they are cooked through. Once they are ready, drain the oil from the pan and add your sauce and heat through.
- Serve over spaghetti with some grated parmesan.