This Little Home
Lemon and Blueberry Drizzle CakeIngredients: For the Cake
For the Drizzles
- 180g Self Raising Flour
- 180g Caster Sugar
- 180g Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs
- Finely Grated Zest of 1 Lemon
- 80g Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 20g Caster Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 40g Icing Sugar
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix again.
- Add the baking Powder to the flour and sift together into the mixture.
- Add the lemon zest and mix it through thoroughly.
- Add 3/4 of the blueberries and squish them into the cake mixture.
- Dust the remaining whole blueberries in flour and mix into the cake gently, distributing them throughout.
- Transfer the mixture into a lined, greased loaf tin and place in a preheated oven at 180oc (160oc fan assisted) for 40 minutes.
- Once the cake is cooked through, remove from the oven and pierce several times with a fork.
- Mix 1 Tbsp of Lemon juice with the caster sugar and pour over the cake.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Mix the other 2 tbsp of lemon juice with the icing sugar and drizzle over the cake, allow to set before serving.