This Little Home
Jam Filled DoughnutsIngredients:
- 450g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 55g Butter
- 180g Lukewarm Milk
- 25g Caster Sugar (plus extra for dusting)
- 7g Dried Active Yeast
- 1 Egg
- 180g Seedless Jam
- Pour the milk into a bowl and add the sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Add the yeast to the milk and leave to sit until foamy for about 20 minutes.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl and rub the butter in, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and the egg to the flour and mix until it forms a dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes until it forms a skin and becomes more elastic.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover and leave in a warm place for an hour until its doubled in size.
- Knead the dough again to remove the air and divide the dough into 20 pieces, roll each one into a ball.
- Place the balls of dough on a lined, greaed baking tray and leave for another hour until the balls have doubled in size.
- Place some extra sugar in a bowl and leave to one side.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry each ball for 2-3 minutes on each side untl golden.
- Drain the doughnuts and dust in the bowl of sugar until coated.
- Using a sharp knife, make a hole in the side of each doughnut.
- Place the jam into a piping bag and pipe some into the middle of each doughnut through the hole.