This Little Home
Iced Rainbow Ring DoughnutsIngredients:For the Doughnuts
For the Glaze
- 450g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 55g Butter
- 7g Yeast
- 25g Caster Sugar
- 180ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 4-5 Different Food Colours
- Oil for Frying
- 260g Icing Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Multi-coloured sprinkles for decoration
- Heat the milk until it's luke warm and add the sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Add the yeast to the milk and stir in, allow to sit for 20 minutes until foamy.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour with the salt and cinnamon.
- Add the milk, butter and egg to the flour and mix until it forms a dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until it becomes stretchy and elastic.
- Place the dough into a clean, greased bowl and cover. Leave somewhere warm for an hour until it has doubled in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and divide into 4 or 5 (depending on how many colours you'd like to use).
- Apply a few drops of the desired colour food colouring to each section of dough and knead in, knocking all the air out as you go.
- Once coloured, cover each section in a bowl to stop it drying out.
- On a lightly floured surface roll each piece of dough on thinly and place on top of each other, then roll it together to bind the layers.
- Using a ring doughnut cutter, cut out the doughnuts and place on a lined, greased baking tray with space between each one to allow them to expand.
- Place the tray inside a plastic bag and leave for another hour.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry each doughnut for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Remove from the oil and drain the excess oil.
- Leave the doughnuts to cool.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled you can make the glaze.
- Mix the icing sugar with the vanilla and water and add the desired food colouring (optional).
- Pour the glaze over the doughnuts and dip them into the multi-coloured sprinkles.
- Leave to set before serving.