This Little Home
Honey Oat BreadIngredients:
- 200g Strong White Bread Flour
- 200g Strone Wholemeal Flour
- 100g Jumbo Oatflakes
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 10g Yeast
- 150ml Warmed Milk
- 50ml Honey
- 100ml Warmed Water
- 1 Beaten Egg for Brushing
- Handful of Extra Oatflakes for Decorating
- Place the warmed milk with the sugar and yeast in a bowl and let it sit for 20 minutes until it becomes frothy
- Mix the flours, oats and salt in a bowl.
- Add the yeast milk, honey and water and mix to form a dough, you may need a little more or a little less water.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until it becomes elastic and stretchy,
- Place the dough in an oiled, cover and leave to rise for an hour until it has doubled in size.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface and knock back for 5-10 minutes until the air is removed.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces and roll each piece out into a long tube the same size.
- Line a large, flat baking tray and place the pieces on it.
- Press the pieces together at the top and plait them together. Stick the ends together the same as the top.
- Put the whole tray into a plastic bag and leave to rise again for another 30 minutes to an hour.
- Once the dough has risen, brush the surface gently with the beaten egg and sprinkle the extra oats on top.
- Place in a preheated oven at 210oc (190oc fan assisted) for 25-35 minutes until golden.
- To check the bread is ready, take it out and tap the bottom, it should sound hollow.