This Little Home
Homemade Party Rings Iced BiscuitsIngredients: For the Biscuits
For The Icing
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 100g Butter
- 80g Golden Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 450g Royal Icing Sugar
- 80ml Water (plus a little extra to make flood icing)
- Food Colour of your choice
To Make The Icing:
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the butter and mix until you have a crumbly texture.
- Add the syrup, egg and vanilla and mix together until combined. As soon as it all comes together in a ball, stop mixing.
- Cover the pastry in clingfilm and place in the fridge. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll your dough out to roughly a 5mm thickness (this is easier to do in batches, place the extra pastry back in the fridge).
- Cut your biscuits out using a cookie cutter, cut a small hole out of the middle of each biscuit.
- Place your biscuits on a lined baking tray with a little space in between each one.
- Bake your biscuits in a preheated oven at 170oc (150oc fan assisted) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to harden a little before placing the biscuits on a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Mix the icing and water and whisk for 5 minutes using an electric whisker or longer if doing it manually.
- Mix until the icing forms peaks and turns a brilliant white.
- Spoon some icing into a separate bowl add your food colour and mix until the desired colour is achieved.
- Place the icing into a piping bag and snip the very end off.
- On the underside of your biscuits, outline with the icing around the edge and around the hole in the middle and leave to set for 10 minutes. Leave some aside (and covered to stop it setting for the decoration)
- When all of your biscuits have been lined mix a little extra water into the leftover icing to make it runnier.
- Mix your runnier icing again with your desired colours, place in a piping bag and fill the biscuits in, inside the lines. Be careful as it has a tendency to pour out of the end so this must be done quickly.
- To decorate, use a complimentary colour of your choice with your leftover line icing. Pipe lines across the biscuits and then using a toothpick pull it through in the opposite direction to create points.
- Turn your oven on to the very lowest setting and place your biscuits back in to set for 30 minutes.