This Little Home
Herby Flatbreads with Pizza HummusIngredients: For the Flatbreads
For the Hummus
- 300g Strong White Bread Flour
- 10g Dried Active Yeast
- 5g Salt
- 200ml Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Flaky Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 40g Butter or 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 400g Can (242g drained weight) Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp Sundried Tomato Puree
- 3 Tbsp Tahini
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chilli Flakes to Decorate
For the Flatbreads
For the Hummus
- Add the yeast and sugar to the water and leave to sit for 20 minutes until foamy
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl and add the foamy yeast water and oil. Mix until combined.
- Knead the dough until it becomes stretchy and elastic and begins to form a skin.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and leave somewhere warm for about an hour until it has doubled in size.
- Knock the dough back to remove the air on a floured suface.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball and then roll out until it's as thin as you can get it.
- Heat a skillet or fry pan and brush with a little vegetable oil.
- Wait until hot and place the flatbreads in one at a time. Leave for about 30 seconds to a minute and turn over, it should puff up.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes and turn back over again. It should leave golden brown spots on each side.
- Dry toast the herbs with the flaky salt and chilli flakes until aromatic.
- Melt the butter or warm the olive oil slightly and add the toasted herbs, salt and chilli.
- Mix it together and brush over one side of the flatbreads. Best served warm but can be eaten cool.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Place all the ingredients except the chilli flakes into a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Place in a bowl to serve and sprinkle over the chilli flakes to decorate, you can add more and mix through if you like it spicy.