This Little Home
Garlic and Parmesan Soda BreadIngredients:
- 125g Plain White Flour
- 125g Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 30g Butter
- 200ml Buttermilk
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 30g Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200oc (180oc fan assisted)
- Mix both flours together in a bowl.
- Add the salt and bicarbonate of soda and mix through.
- Rub the butter through the flour mix until fully combined.
- Add the buttermilk and mix through. The dough is quite sticky at this point, that’s ok.
- Crush the garlic and place in the bowl.
- Chop the parsley and add.
- Grate the cheese and combine everything with the dough until it’s mixture through. It’s easiest to use your hands for this part.
- Once your dough is ready, shape it into a ball and place on a baking tray with some non stick baking paper. Using a sharp knife, cut a deep cross about two thirds of the way through and dust with flour, the cuts into the dough help it to cook through.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 mins until golden brown. A good test to see if your loaf is ready is t take it out of the oven and knock on the bottom with your fingers. If it’s cooked it will sound hollow.