This Little Home
Filled Deli Pesto SconesIngredients: For the scones:
For the filling:
- 250g Self raising flour
- 1/2 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 70g Pecorino (+ extra for topping)
- 2 Tbsp Pesto
- 140ml Milk
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Provolone Cheese
- A mix of cold deli meats such as Salami and Prosciutto
- Rocket Salad
- Preheat the oven to 220oc (200oc fan assisted)
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Grate the pecorino and mix through.
- Add the pesto and milk and mix until it forms a dough. Be careful not to overmix otherwise the scones will be heavy).
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out until it's about 2.5cm thick.
- Using a cutter, cut out 8 circles and place on a lined baking tray, leaving space inbetween each one to allow them to rise.
- Brush the tops with the beaten egg and sprinkle with extra pecorino.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20mins until browned and hollow sounding when you tap the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool.
- When ready, cut the scones in half and fill with the meats, rocket and provolone and serve.