This Little Home
- 2 x 400g Can Chickpeas (drained weight 240g)
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Small Bunch of Fresh Parsley
- Small Bunch of Fresh Coriander
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Allspice
- 1/4 Tsp Chilli Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 10 Tortilla Wraps
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Drain and rinse 1 can of chickpeas and place in a blender.
- Add the onion, garlic, ground herbs and spices and blend until smooth.
- Chop the fresh herbs and adds with the other can (drained and rinsed) of chickpeas and pulse until chopped but is still lumpy.
- Prepare your tortillas by cutting the edges off the left and right side of the circle.
- Cut the middle part into 3.
- Take each piece and fold the left side down towards you, making a triangle and creating a straight vertical line from the top to the bottom of the piece.
- Fold again up away from you to make another triangle so that the edges of the top and the triangle line up. This makes a cone. Unfold it slightly after you have the shape to brush the egg on and stick it together.
- Fill the cone with the falafel filling, Brush the tortilla to the right of the cone with egg and fold the cone over to seal the filling in.
- Brush the rest of the tortilla to the right and fold around to the back of the triangle. You will see a gap where the pieces of the tortilla have been folded. Tuck the flap into this part.
- Heat your oil to deep fry and once its ready, fry the samosas in batches.
- Fry for about 2 minutes until the samosas are golden and firm when you tap them.
- Remove from the oil and drain. Pat away the excess oil and serve.