This Little Home
Easter Surprise Crème Egg Stuffed Chocolate CookiesIngredients:
- 240g Plain Flour
- 110g Butter
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 180g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 100g Milk Chocolate
- Approximately 18 Mini Crème Eggs
- 70g White Chocolate
- Orange Food Colouring
- Mix the sugar and butter together until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into the same bowl.
- Add the salt and mix together.
- Add the eggs and oil and mix to form a sticky dough.
- Cut the milk chocolate into chunks and mix through.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and place in the fridge, leave to firm up for about 30 minutes.
- Unwrap the mini eggs and envelope each one separately with a spoonful of the dough until the mini egg is covered.
- Roll each one into a golf ball sized ball and place on a lined baking tray, leaving room between each one to allow them to spread.
- Place in a preheated oven at 170oc (150oc fan assisted) for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit on the tray until they firm up a little.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled. Melt the white chocolate and divide into two separate bowls.
- Add a little orange food colouring to one of the bowls and mix through.
- Using a fork, drizzle the twi different coloured melted chocolate over each cookie and allow to set before serving.