This Little Home
- 4 Jam Filled Doughnuts (slightly stale)
- 80g Strawberry or Raspberry Jam (depending on the flavour of your doughnuts
- 150ml Double Cream
- 300ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 30g Caster Sugar
- I tsp Vanilla Essence
- Slice the doughnuts and arrange them to cover the bottom of an oven proof dish
- Cover the first layer with jam and arrange another layer over the top
- Cover this layer with jam again and arrange a final layer over the top.
- Heat the milk and cream together gently in a pan
- Whisk the Eggs, Sugar and vanilla in a bowl and then add the milk and cream mixture whilst stirring.
- Pour the cream mixture over the doughnuts carefully, pushing the doughnuts down into the liquid
- Leave to soak for 10-15 minutes
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes until set at 170 oc (150oc fan assisted).
- Remove from the oven and leave to set for 5-10 minutes before serving.