This Little Home
Courgette and Basil SoupIngredients:1 Tsp Olive Oil2 Garlic Cloves600g Courgettes Handful of Fresh Basil Leaves600ml Chicken Stock (or vegetable stock)50g Parmesan50ml Double CreamDirections:
- Slice the courgettes into strips and wrap in foil, place in a preheated oven at 180oc (160oc fan assisted) and roast for 20 minutes to soften.
- Remove from the oven and cut into chunks, leave to one side.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the crushed garlic, allow to soften and then add the courgette chunks.
- Chop the basil finely and add to the pan, mix through.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to the boil, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan and add the parmesan and cream. Mix, heat through and serve.