This Little Home
Chilli Lime Chocolate CookiesIngredients:
- 360g Plain Flour
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 220g Butter
- 160g Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 60g Golden Caster Sugar
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Eggs
- 180g Dark Chocolate
- Mix Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, Salt and Chilli in a Bowl and leave to one side.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter until smooth then add the sugar and mix until incorporated and the sugar has dissolved into the butter.
- Add the lime juice and eggs to the butter and mix again.
- Sift the flour mixture into the butter gradually and mix until combined.
- Cut the chocolate into chunks and add the chocolate and lime zest to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture into the fridge and chill for at least an hour but you can leave it overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180oc (160oc fan assisted).
- Divide the cookie mixture into rough balls, (try not to handle it too much) and place on a greased, lined baking tray with space inbetween each one to allow them to expand.
- Place into the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool before serving.