This Little Home
Cheddar and Red Onion BreadsticksIngredients:
- 500g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Yeast
- 300ml Luke Warm Water
- 1 Red Onion
- 60g Cheddar Cheese
- Place the flour in a bowl and add the yeast and sugar to one side of the bowl and the salt to the other side.
- Add the water grandually and using your hands, knead to form a dough.
- Continue to knead the dough on a floured surface until it becomes elastic.
- Put in a bowl and cover with a tea towel, place in a warm place for 1-2 hours.
- Chop the red onion finely and fry until soft in a little oil.
- Once the dough has risen, place on a floured surface and knock back to remove the air.
- Add the onion and cheddar and knead through the dough.
- Divide the dough into balls somewhere between the size of a golf ball and tennis ball.
- Stretch out each piece into a long tube and place on baking trays lined with baking paper with some space between each one.
- Put each try into a plastic bag and place back into a warm area to rest for another 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200 0c (180 oc fan assisted).
- Remove plastic bags from the trays and brush each stick with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm or store in airtight container, they will stay fresh for a couple of days.