This Little Home
Caramelised Onion ChutneyIngredients:
- 550g Red Onions, Finely Sliced.
- 3 Tbsp Olive |Oil
- 3 Tbsp Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 150ml White Wine Vinegar
- 150g Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely grated
- 5g Fresh Ginger, finely grated
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the finely sliced onions. Cook over a gentle heat for about 20-30 minutes until the onions are soft and begin to darken.
- Add the muscovado sugar, stir through and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer over a low heat for about an hour until it has thickened and the liquid has reduced.
- Store in sterilised jars. The chutney can be eaten straight away once cool, however it's best to let the flavour develop for a month.