This Little Home
- 175g Butter, softened
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pink/Red Food Colouring
- Apricot Jam
- 200g Golden Marzipan
- Preheat oven to 180 oc (160oc fan assisted)
- Mix flour, sugar, ground almonds and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly to remove any lumps and form a batter.
- Divide the batter into two and mix some food colour into one portion until you have your desired pink colour.
- Place a spoonful on the non-coloured batter into each cupcake case and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and spoon the pink batter on top in the same quantity and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Core each cupcake and fill with apricot jam, spread some more jam over the surface of the cupcake to allow the marzipan to adhere to it.
- Roll out the marzipan on a surface dusted with icing sugar to stop it sticking.
- Using a cutter, cut an appropriately sized round piece of marzipan for each cupcake and place on top, sticking it to the jam coating.