This Little Home
Bacon and Cheddar MuffinsIngredients:
- 100g White Plain Flour
- 200g Wholemeal Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 125ml Milk
- 70g Melted Butter
- 100g Potato
- 100g Bacon
- 1 Leek
- 50g Cheddar (plus another 30g for the topping), Grated
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Handful of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Handful of Roughly Crushed Walnuts
- Combine the flours and add the baking powder, mix through.
- Peel and cube the potato and boil until soft, remove from the heat, drain and mash.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan with a little oil until it begins to crisp.
- Chop the leek and add to the pan, cook until it becomes soft.
- Combine the milk, butter and eggs and add to the flour, mix a little until it is combined but be careful not to mix beyond this point.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and add it to the mix along with the leek, potato, cheddar, parsley and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients through.
- Spoon the mixture into greased muffin cases about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with some walnuts and a little cheddar.
- Place in a preheated oven at 180oc (160oc fan assisted) for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack before serving, can be eaten warm or cold.