This Little Home
- 1 kg Mixed Tomatoes
- 200g Sweet Red Peppers
- 300g White Onions
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Chilli
- 1 Thumb Size Piece of Fresh Ginger
- 2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 200g Sultanas
- 500g Cooking Apples
- 1 Tsp Flaked Salt
- 1/2 Tsp All Spice
- 575ml Malt Vinegar
- 450g Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- Place tomatoes and peppers into a food processor and blend. Place into a large pan.
- Blend the onions, garlic, chilli and ginger and add to the pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and Sultanas.
- Blend the cooking apples and add.
- Add the salt and all spice.
- Pour over the malt vinegar and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Continue to cook over a medium heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally to prevent the chutney from sticking to the pan. The liquid will dissolve and the chutney will become ticker.
- Add the sugar and mix through, continue to cook for another hour, still stirring.
- Once the mixture is thickened, pour into sterilised jars.
- Once the chutney is cooled you can eat it straight away but for best results leave the chutney in the jars to mature for a couple of months.