This Little Home
Gingernut & Chocolate Orange Caramel BarsIngredients: Biscuit Base
- 300g Gingernut Biscuits
- 100g Butter
- 1 Tbsp Orange Zest
- 110g Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1/2 of a 397g tin of Condensed Milk
- 150g Milk Chocolate
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 160 oc
- For the base. Place Biscuits n a food processor and mix until they become breadcrumbs
- Grate the orange zest and melt the butter and add to the biscuits. Mix again until fully combined.
- Press down into a 23cm square tin lined with baking paper. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- For the caramel, melt the butter and sugar and add the golden syrup and condensed milk. Stir continuously over a low heat until it becomes a toffee colour.
- Pour the caramel over the biscuit base and allow to cool completely.
- For the chocolate topping, melt the chocolate with the orange juice and pour over the caramel. Allow to cool and set and then cut into as many bars as you like!