Sometimes there just isn’t the time to make a dessert, however I can always make time to eat one! These Quick Banoffee Cups are just what you need when in a hurry.
Quick Banoffee Dessert Cups
Thanks to the boys and the internal timer they both possess. Alarm bells are usually sounding loud and clear, way before I reach dessert when dining out. When we are in the comforts of our own home, dessert is something that can be enjoyed…. Even if it means waiting until they are both in bed!
I have to admit, I do bend the rules in our house with dessert. Bam Bam has always had a habit of eating his dessert halfway through a meal. You may think that this would mean he is just filling up on empty calories. But it actually makes him finish his dinner, so what the hey!
Nugget, on the other hand, very rarely entertains a dessert. A taste of anything sweet other than fruit, is usually met with a look of complete contempt as the spoonful is spat back out at me! I just don’t think his sweet tooth has grown in yet. But, with this mumma’s cooking I am sure it will eventually! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to make my boys fat, or hooked on sugar. But everyone deserves to enjoy a yummy dessert, all in moderation of course!
So, save yourself some time and throw these quick banoffee cups together and indulge your sweet tooth. If you’re lucky enough to have one, that is!
Looking for more easy desserts?
Try this brandy spiked chocolate mousse now!
Quick Banoffee Cups
- 125g Digestive Biscuits
- 50g Butter
- 12 Tbsp Carnation Caramel
- 2 Bananas
- Whipped Cream
- Dried Banana Chips and Grated Chocolate to decorate
- Crush the digestive biscuits to crumbs
- Melt the butter and mix into the biscuits
- Press the biscuit mix down into your dishes to make a base.
- Add 3 tbsp. of carnation caramel to each dessert.
- Slice the bananas and add half to each one.
- Chill until your ready to serve.
- Before serving, squirt the cream on top and decorate with crushed banana chips and grated chocolate.