I’m slightly obsessed with cookies at the moment and these Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies are making the obsession worse! They are just too moreish! I need help!
It’s almost that time when it’s acceptable to start getting the Christmas decorations down from the loft. I really can’t wait and if it wasn’t for the fact that my loft ladder broke a few weeks ago and I have to rely on help to hold a ladder in place, the tree would probably already be in position right now! Ahhhh, I really do love Christmas but I need to restrain myself and wait for December.
Once December arrives there is no stopping me, it’ll be on with the carols and up with the tree. A steady supply of mince pies, chocolate coins and other festive treats will flow. Spending time with family and friends, I just love it!
Bam Bam has been asking me when “Farmer Christmas” is going to come. There’s nothing more cute than the muddling of words from a three year old. His little phrases keep me amused for hours. There was a time however, he used to muddle the word “Mummy” with “Nanny” I received some peculiar looks from strangers trying to work out if I looked surprisingly good for my age when Bam Bam would shout “Nanny” at me….
Need More Cookie Recipes?
You can’t go wrong with a batch of cookies and the endless choices of flavours, it was only the other day I was busy making a Chocolate Orange variety but this time I fancied something a little more simple and traditional.
Melting the chocolate into the dough will give you a burst of chocolatey flavour with every bite and using big chunks of milk chocolate makes these cookies stand out. They are at their best right before they have cooled, when the chocolate is still gooey, which is a great excuse to be eating them straight out of the oven, if you really need an excuse, that is!
If you can manage it, they will store for 3 days in an airtight container.
Make sure you leave enough room on the tray between each cookie or you may find you end up with one large baking tray shaped cookie instead of 10, yes I have made that mistake in the past! So spread them out and give them room to grow!
…And don’t forget to leave one out for “Farmer Christmas” on Christmas eve, I’m sure he’ll appreciate it!
Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 200g Plain Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 150g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 120g Milk Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Egg
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Melt the butter, 60g of the chocolate and oil in a pan over a gentle heat. Add to the flour and mix until crumbly.
- Once the mixture has cooled, add the egg to form a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 balls, roughly weighing 50g each.
- Chop the other 60g of chocolate into large chunks and divide between the portions of dough. Form a ball from the dough, it’s ok if some of the chocolate pokes out.
- Place the balls on a lined baking tray with space between them to allow them to spread.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180 oc (160oc Fan assisted) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow time for them to set on the baking tray before transferring them to a cooling rack.