I am a huge cheese fan! Everything tastes better with cheese! And cauliflower is no exception.
No roast dinner in This Little Home is complete without a side of cauliflower cheese. I usually make an extra one for the freezer as the boys love this too!
Cut up your cauliflower in florets, place in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook until soft. Drain and leave to one side.
In another pan, melt the butter and then add the flour. Mix together and cook for 1 minute.
Make Your Own Cauliflower Cheese
Slowly add the milk and mix through to remove any lumps, the sauce will begin to thicken. Add the Dijon mustard.
Add the cheese and incorporate until melted.
Put the cauliflower in a oven proof dish and pour the sauce over it.
Sprinkle over the extra mozzarella and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Want more cheese recipes? Try this breaded mozzarella now
- 600g Cauliflower
- 50g Butter
- 50g Flour
- 500ml Milk
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 400g Cheddar Cheese
- 75g Mozzarella (+30g for the topping)
- Cut cauliflower up into florets and place in a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Cook until soft.
- Drain cauliflower and place to one side.
- In a new pan, melt the butter and mix in the flour. Cook for 1 minute over a gentle heat.
- Slowly add the milk and mix through until incorporated. Keep mixing until you have added all the milk.
- Continue to cook over a gentle heat until the sauce has thickened. Stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Mix in the Dijon mustard.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted and combined.
- Place the cauliflower cheese in an oven proof dish and pour over the cheese sauce. Sprinkle the extra mozzarella over the top.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180oc for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.