Oh cookies! How I love thee! Easy to make Peanut Butter Cookies drizzled in melted chocolate. You need to try these!
Peanut Butter Cookies
I am having a bit of an “everything is breaking down” fiasco in our house right now! Along with the shower blowing up (mid shower!), the front door has now decided it no longer wishes to be a door and will not open from the outside! This week, I have been subjected to strange looks from my neighbours as I balance on our wall and clamber over the garage roof to the back door, it’s kinda lucky for me that the police haven’t been called on me yet.
We have been busy settling into 2016 this week. the Christmas decorations are down and the house now looks pretty sad and bare, apart from all the new toys the boys have which I am yet to find a home for! I have been getting used to writing 2016 on everything but have repeatedly made the standard mistake of forgetting and having to change my 5 into a 6 quite a few times and the boys are back at nursery a couple of mornings a week.
Over the new year I spent a bit of time baking and these Peanut cookies were one of my favourites. Easy to make, suitable for everyone (because I used smooth peanut butter) and they taste delicious.
Peanut and chocolate go so well together, so I just had to melt some chocolate and drizzle them with it. I also took it a step further and melted some chocolate right there into the cookie dough.
A chocolate addict? Me? Noooooo, never!
If you like a bit of crunch to your cookies, add some whole peanuts in the mix before baking, about 10g per cookie will do nicely. Mine are just a more child friendly version, that’s all.
So get baking and get munching!
Want More Cookie Recipes?
Try these Chilli Lime Chocolate Cookies Now
Chocolate Drizzle Peanut Cookies
- 200g Plain Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 150g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 40g Unsalted Butter
- 50g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 50g Milk Chocolate
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 50g Milk Chocolate for the drizzle
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, peanut butter and chocolate over a low heat and add to the flour immediately. Mix until it becomes crumbly.
- Once the mixture has cooled a little, add the egg and mix until a stiff dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into 10-11 pieces weighing roughly 50g each.
- Add 10g of peanuts to each ball and squeeze them throughout the dough with your hands.
- Form the dough into a small ball and then flatten into a thick circle, place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 oc (160oc fan assisted) for 10-15 minutes until browned.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the baking tray to set and cool.
- Melt the extra chocolate and drizzle over the top, leave to set.