Here is a really yummy recipe for you to try! Garlic Pizza Bread topped with mozzarella and caramelised onion chutney!
I am having a total chutney obsession this week! I have been staring at my jar of homemade caramelised onion chutney and wondering where to start!
There’s plenty of good combinations and recipes that you can add this chutney to. Or just take a spoon and dig in! Just kidding…. Although it is quite tempting!
I figured since a pizza bread with the chutney on top is what drew me to making the caramelised onion chutney in the first place, I should really honour my the beginnings of a small recipe obsession and make that first. I also had just bought a bag of “00” grade flour which is great for making pizzas and pastas, so it was as if it was meant to be.
Watch that hot onion chutney!
I actually ate the first one straight out of the oven, burnt my mouth (watch that hot chutney!) then realised, I actually needed to take pictures of it! Too late! A good excuse for having to make another immediately. Then I got to eat that one too…. Well, I did have to fight for a slice when the boys realised what was on offer in the kitchen.
I need to be quicker at cooking and eating the evidence!
I’m not really that mean, I could never refuse them. I’ll just make more of everything! This recipe makes about 6 which should be almost enough….
Garlic Pizza Bread with Caramelised Onion Chutney
For the Pizza Dough
- 500g “00” grade plain flour
- 5g Salt
- 5g Sugar
- 10g Active Dried Yeast
- 270ml Warm Water
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
For the Topping
- 60g Butter
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Crushed
- Bunch of Flat Leafy Parsley, Chopped
- 120g Mozzarella (divded between each one)
- 6 Tbsp Caramelised Onion Chutney (divided between each one)
- Add the yeast and sugar to the water and allow to sit for 20 minutes until foamy.
- Mix the flour and salt together and add the yeast water and olive oil,
- Combine into a dough and knead until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and leave somewhere warm to prove for about 1-2 hours until doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, tip it out onto a floured surface and knock the dough back to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 6 and roll each piece into a ball.
- Roll out each piece of dough in a thin circle.
- Melt the butter and add the crushed garlic and chopped Parsley.
- Brush the dough with the butter and sprinkle with the mozzarella
- Spoon the chutney in various places over the pizza and place in the oven for 12-15 mins at 190oc (170oc fan assisted).