A simple little side dish, these fried pesto potatoes with baby spinach are so yummy! You need to give them a go.
I am now on an official countdown until Spring, now the holidays are over this is the next best thing to look forward to…. Pleassssse! I want some warm weather without gale force winds and sideways rain attacking me the moment I step out of the front door.
We said goodbye to our shower this week too….. It exploded!! I wouldn’t have minded as much had it not blown up with me in it! Luckily for me, my mum lives just up the road. Cue me running up there in a towel to finish washing the shampoo out of my hair.
At least it’s January and the home stores are full of sales…. I knew there was a positive here somewhere. Oh, Hello bathroom shopping spree! Yay!
I am just thankful it wasn’t my oven. Although just writing that makes me feel like I’m tempting fate somehow to come and blow that up too.
So since the oven is still holding it’s own, I have been really busy using it! I had some homemade pesto leftover and this yummy side dish is a great way to use it, not many ingredients and not much effort either but big taste and they look pretty good too!
I prefer for the majority of the cooking time to be in the oven with these, it saves you standing over them whilst they fry but you could still shallow fry them should you choose to.
The boys are big fans of everything potato so these little bite size cubes went down a treat! I even managed to sneak in some super healthy baby spinach in there without too much of a second look. Bam Bam is getting pretty good at avoiding all edible green things lately so this was a real mummy achievement on my part. The weird thing is that his favourite colour is green, plate, cutlery and cup must always be green! Go figure! 3 year olds have their own logic on life which we will never understand…
Fried Pesto Potatoes
- 500g Potatoes
- 100g Baby Spinach
- 2 Tbsp Pesto
- 50g Parmesan
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Remove potatoes from the heat and drain.
- Cover the potatoes in the pesto
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven at 180 oc (160oc fan assisted) for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and place in a frying pan.
- Grate the Parmesan and add, allowing it to melt over the potatoes.
- Add the spinach and mix through as it wilts.
- Season and serve.