I’m sure that it’s obvious to see, I am a huge cookie fan. I am also a real spicy food fan too, so there’s nothing better than to combine two of my favourite food loves with these Chilli Lime Chocolate Cookies.
Chilli chocolate is amazing! I mean, chocolate on it’s own is amazing. But, there was a real genius at work when they came up with chilli spiced chocolate.
If you have never tried it, I am urging you to try it now! It’s isn’t spicy in the conventional “need a glass of water immediately” way. But, the warmth of the chilli leaves the mouth tingling at the end of each bite.
This cookie uses plain chocolate chunks. With the chilli being placed right in there with the rest of the cookie dough. So, you haven’t got to go out and try to find any special ingredients to make these.
Fresh lime juice gives them a little zing and just enhances the dance your tastebuds will be doing when eating these.
Treat Yourself To Some Cookies Mumma!
I will admit, I made these all for myself. That’s not something I usually do in the kitchen, when I have two hungry boys looking at me. However, every mum deserves their own special treat every now and then, right!?
These cookies are best served still slightly warm when you can get the full gooey, chocolate chunk experience.
Try making the dough the day before, that is, if you can wait. Chilling the dough in the fridge for longer will help them to hold and more chunky shape in the oven and not spread too much.
Chilli Lime Chocolate cookies are definitely at the top of my favourite cookie list right now and you need to give them a go!
Chilli Lime Chocolate Cookies
- 360 g Plain Flour
- 30 g Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 220 g Butter
- 160 g Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 60 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 Lime, Zest and JUice
- 2 Eggs
- 180 g Dark Chocolate
- Mix Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, Salt and Chilli in a Bowl and leave to one side.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter until smooth then add the sugar and mix until incorporated and the sugar has dissolved into the butter.
- Add the lime juice and eggs to the butter and mix again.
- Sift the flour mixture into the butter gradually and mix until combined.
- Cut the chocolate into chunks and add the chocolate and lime zest to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture into the fridge and chill for at least an hour but you can leave it overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180oc (160oc fan assisted).
- Divide the cookie mixture into rough balls, (try not to handle it too much) and place on a greased, lined baking tray with space inbetween each one to allow them to expand.
- Place into the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool before serving.
Want more cookie recipes?
If you love combining delicious flavours, try these Orange and Ginger Biscuits, they’re great too!