Sandwiches don’t need to be just thrown together and boring, spice up your lunchtime with this Cayenne Grilled Chicken and Cheese Sandwich.
With our mild and so called winter weather, our week has been filled with plenty of outdoor things. Bam Bam has been bike riding in the sun, there has been plenty of pony time and Nugget has been practicing his walking, and exercising his free will along with it! Whichever way we have chosen to walk, Nugget has been determined to walk in the opposite direction! Oh, I am not sure I am looking forward to those teenage years if this is how he is at 1!
How do you convince a 1 year old to do anything? So far, food bribery has worked occasionally, as has making it seem like whatever I would like him to do is super fun, but he is getting wise to it too quickly!
So, with most days being pretty hectic, lunch is something that’s easily missed for me when I am on my ten millionth toy clean up of the day or busy trying to referee a game of “who can scream the loudest” out of the boys! Thankfully, there are days when I actually take a bit more time over lunch, instead of just squishing some peanut butter between two slices of bread!
Since this is a treat version of a sandwich for me. I had to include some cheese in there! I felt like this needed more than just a simple slice of cheese plonked on top though.
It begged for some melty, cheesy greatness!
Don’t feel that this is strictly a lunchtime sandwich though. Sandwiches this good are great for dinner too! Or swap the bread for a bun and call it a burger if you like. It’ll taste amazing whatever time of the day.
Parma ham is quickly becoming a thing for me right now. It’s like the chicken’s side kick! The two mesh so well in all this cheesy gloriousness!
So go enjoy a special sandwich, whatever time of the day you fancy it.
Cayenne Grilled Chicken and Cheese Sandwich
For the Cheese
- 20g Monterey Jack Cheese
- 30g Gouda
- 40g Cheddar
- 25ml Milk
- 1/8 Tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
For the Chicken
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Olive Oil for Cooking
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
For the Rest
- 4 Slices Chunky Bread
- Olive Oil for Drizzling
- 4 Slices Parma Ham
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Salad Leaves
- Place all the cheese ingredients into a pan and melt together. Leave to one side.
- Place the chicken into a food bag and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Remove from the bag and drizzle both sides with oil.
- Sprinkle the peppers over each side and place on a hot griddle pan.
- Cook on both sides until cooked through, then slice thickly.
- Drizzle each piece of bread with a little oil and toast on the griddle pan until crisp.
- Spread the cheese over one piece and place the chicken on the other.
- Add the rest of the sandwich ingredients and press the pieces together.
- Slice, then serve.