Rich, chocolatey, brandy spiked chocolate mousse… An indulgent dessert perfect for a party!
Its the final countdown to Christmas! Are you all relaxed and prepared? Or are you like me and madly wrapping presents, realising you forgot to get someone that last gift and trying desperately to remember everything for your food shopping list?
I need help…. And, perhaps, a holiday!
So let me forget the festive madness for a second and let’s talk about this Chocolate mousse.
Firstly, it’s so unbelievably chocolatey! I am totally overdosing on chocolate right now, but I really don’t care. Chocolate makes everything better!
Secondly, you’ll be surprised at just how easy this is to make. I mean, let’s face it, no one wants to make hard work in the kitchen at Christmas. The good news is that this delicious thing doesn’t need to be hard work! Yay!
If you’re not a fan of brandy, you can leave it out and use water in its place instead.
Really, the only downside to this dessert is the chilling time, but it’s so worth the wait!
Looking for more dessert recipes?
Try this Raspberry Tiramisu now
Brandy Spiked Chocolate Mousse
- 250g Dark Chocolate
- 4 Tbsp Brandy
- 5 Eggs Separated
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 150ml Double Cream
- Melt the chocolate and brandy together over a low heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and creamy. Add the melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- Whip the double cream in a separate bowl until it thickens. Add to the chocolate.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Carefully fold into the chocolate mixture to ensure the air stays in them.
- Place your mousse into small serving bowls.
- Chill them for 2-3 hours until they set.